Why You Are A Conservative

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Message to My Fellow Americans

I'm tired. My job is very demanding. It required a lot of education to obtain it and it takes tons of hard work to keep it. Many times I give up my entire weekend, on a moments notice, to do my job. But that is not why I am tired. I've worked hard my entire life and by now I am used to it. In fact, I like my job very much. It is fulfilling, challenging and pays well.

Simply put, I am tired of having to pay for your stuff. I am tired of subsidizing your education. I am tired of paying your social security. I am tired of paying the costs required to raise your children. I am tired of paying for the roads that you use. I am tired of paying for your food, shelter, and clothing. I am tired of paying you farming subsidies. And with a new massive health care entitlement on the horizon, I will quickly tire of having to pay for your health care and will be disgusted to pay for your abortions.

You see, I am tired of paying for all this stuff because you don't have the common decency to provide for yourself. Yet you elect politicians who force me to pay for all of this on your behalf through taxes and an increase in the national debt, which will force my children to pay even more in taxes. We are different because I am a part of the small minority in this country who pays more in taxes than they receive in benefits. You, on the other hand, are able to steal from me by electing politicians to do the deed for you.

Now I didn't go to a private school. I went to public school. My parents aren't rich. I don't have a trust fund. I got the same education many of you got. The difference is that I took advantage of it and worked hard, which is why I have a job that pays handsomely today. Yet instead of praising me and thanking me for providing all that I do for you by paying for the government that you insist on expanding, I am despised. I am labeled "rich" and "greedy" because my job pays me over $100,000 a year. Never mind that I must give 50% of my income to the federal, state, and local governments in the form of income, property, and sales taxes. Never mind that I had to take out tens of thousands of dollars in loans, or that instead of partying in college on the weekends like many of you did, I studied. Never mind that I pay more for everything I buy because you elect politicians that impose more and more costs on private industry, which then simply passes those costs onto me. Never mind all that. Apparently I should just pay more for the common good, even as it becomes more and more clear to me that most of the money I give to my government and, in essence to you, is wasted.

I have watched with much dismay the American government larger every year of my life. I have watched as many of you have loudly demanded something from me and the rest of productive society, whether it be more money, favorable treatment, or special rules. And like I said, I am tired.

And the day might soon arrive when I just say "Enough!." I'll decide that working this hard isn't worth it when I have to carry so many of you on my back. And when I decide to stop carrying you and providing for you, what will you do? What will happen to you when I shrug?

Any comments or questions can be received at whyyouareaconservative@gmail.com

~ The Conservative Guy

1 Comments:

  • But wait, Fidel Castro thinks Obama's bill is such a success and great thing for America.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home